For quite some time now Google has given us wonderful tools to Work & Play for free.
In the process of using these tools we created & uploaded loads of our own content in the form of E-mails, Photos, Chats, Calendars, Videos, Documents, etc. onto Google’s servers.
Up until recently there was no way we could get any of this content back from Google.
That is until Google launched Takeout, a service that lets you download you content from their servers.
To download your content you need to:
- Navigate to https://www.google.com/settings/takeout
- Log-in to with your Google account credentials
- Click on the Create an archive button
- Select the services from which you want to download your data
- Note the formats in which the data will be available
- Download the data as an Archive in ZIP / TGZ / TBZ formats
If you found this post useful I’d appreciate it if you could rate it well & generously share it with others who want this info.
Have questions or something to share? Go to Comments
You can use the Social Sharing buttons provided or just Copy-Paste the link to this post wherever you wish.