The good news is that if you have a Gmail account, you can easily check whether or not you have been hacked.
Google has provided users with tools that can help detect intrusions and keep your Google account secured.
To manually check for unauthorized access follow these steps:
- Log into your Gmail account using a desktop browser
- Scroll down to the bottom of your inbox and locate a link called “Details”
- Click on it to launch a pop-up window which will show you a detailed list of the last ten times your account has been accessed
If you want to be kept abreast with account activities automatically, you can sign-up for monthly account activity reports that will be emailed to you directly.
To enable monthly reports follow these steps:
- Click on ‘gear’ symbol on the top right hand corner of the screen
- Then click on ‘Settings’, then ‘Accounts’ and then ‘Other Google Account settings’
- Next, click on ‘Data Tools’ and click on ‘Sign up for monthly reports’ next to ‘Activity report’
No matter what the method used to detect unauthorized access, if you see any suspicious device or IP address, you should change your password as soon as possible.
If you found this post useful I’d appreciate it if you could rate it above & generously share it with others who want this info.
You can use the Social Sharing buttons provided or just Copy-Paste the link to this post wherever you wish.